This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Amazon has taken a major step forward with giveaways. Giveaways are now available to almost any kind of item in Amazon’s inventory, from kitchen gadgets to eBooks. This gives you the opportunity to be creative and promote your products or get more traffic to your website.
Use Giveaways to:
- increase traffic to your product page, the trick is simple, people love free stuff. When advertised correctly, giveaways will bring at least a 40% increase in traffic flow to your page
- grow your Amazon following: This works best for authors. Using giveaways, you can easily attract followers to your author’s page and that would help to make sure there are real people waiting for your next book upload.
- increase traffic to your blog, you tube video, or social media page.
Setting up a giveaway on Amazon is simple:
Log in to your Amazon account and find your item/ product you want to giveaway, just like you would search for an item you are planning to buy for yourself.
The giveaway button is right after the reviews. Look for “Set up a giveaway”. I didn’t notice it until I did my first Giveaway 🙂
Can’t find it? Here is a little trick: Press control+F on your browser for Find and enter “Giveaway”, It will take you right to where it is!
Enter your giveaway details.
The next screen will give you the opportunity to set how people can win your giveaway.
- Set your giveaway type; that gives you the opportunity to select how winners for your giveaways will be chosen.
- Select a rule for winning.
- You can also set requirements for entries, look through the list to see which one is best for you. This is a great opportunity for exposure, use it wisely.
Click “Next” to continue.
Set Up The Giveaway.
There are a number of text fields you need to fill in right here. Fields like: Your giveaway title, your name, Win page and lose page. You also get the chance to upload a very nice image which must be in png, jpg or gif.
Be creative and make a picture that will attract attention of the reader. (Need free online image editing software? Check out my post 5 Free Websites To Edit Your Fabulous Images.)
You view the preview on the right hand side of the screen to see how it looks.
A confirmation page will be shown next. That’s it! You’ve setup your first giveaway. Now share the link with some of your Blogging friends and watch the traffic pour in. Everyone loves a good Giveaway! I love sharing great giveaways with my readers, so Email me and I’ll be happy to add it to my page.