THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS
Hi Again! 🙂 If you’ve read my income reports before, then skip past my introduction and head right to the juicy bits. If your new, enjoy my back story. 🙂
Don’t get me wrong, I make good money at my day job. It might not be six figures, but it’s enough to keep the bill collectors at bay and a comfortable roof over our heads. What I’m lacking is freedom. Every time my daughter says “Mommy, I want you to walk me to school today” and I have to say “Honey, Mommy can’t walk you to school, Mommy has to work,” a small piece of my heart breaks. This is my search for freedom!
Why am I publishing my numbers and goals?
Well, the simple answer is…If I can do this, anyone can!! I come from a long line of people devoted to helping others. My mom worked at the school until she retired. She was always going above and beyond helping the kids she worked with, not only with their school work, but snacks and supplies for kids who couldn’t afford them. I even remember her paying for one girl’s prom dress. Before he retired, my dad was a Peace Officer. Where I’m from, that means he was always on call to come save you. Did you go hiking and fall or get lost. He’s on his way to find you. Was there a huge Forrest fire burning somewhere? Then he was probably there, leading a team of guys to put it out. Or maybe you decided to go ice skating a little too early in the season. When the ice broke, he’d be there to pull you out. By now your probably thinking, what does this have to do with sharing your numbers. Well, I share because it’s in my blood to help people. I hope that my numbers will help motivate you to get your freedom. I’m just an average person looking for a path to more, so if I can find ways to lose weight, save money, and make money working from home, then you can too! Hopefully my numbers inspire you to dream big. We have a saying at my house that we repeat often…”start small, but always dream big.” So now it’s up to you. It is absolutely true that it takes money to make money. That being said, it doesn’t always take very much money to get you started. Decide how much you can afford and invest in your future today! Why not start a blog?? What’s stopping you?? One year of hosting on Bluehost cost me $84. That’s a year to build my future for the cost of 2 takeout orders. So I cut my takeout and invested in me. My hips also thank me for the decision.
Now your thinking…get to the numbers already!!
Extra Income (Still no Ads - just repeat customers) Laundry Wash, Dry, and Fold Service $378.84 Capital One Cash Back $59.29 Capital Once 360 Interest $19.01 Lending Club $10.65 Affiliate Income (Received) $120.00 Total $587.79 (before expenses)
1. Report on Lending Club investment – I’m loving Lending Club! I love it so much that I took my investment out of Betterment and moved it over the Lending Club. I’ve only had one person default on a loan so far, and the interest I’ve made from the other loans has covered that and still made a profit.
2. Start Tracking Website Alexa Ranking (Hopefully I rank when I check) 🙂 – OK, the results are in. I checked my Alexa Ranking and I’m so excited to say that I ranked!! At the beginning of October, my rank was 26,475,144 and I worked super hard this month and now my rank is 1,763,858. I’m so excited to be ranking!! My goal is to someday rank around 60,000. I know I have a long way to go, but I’m super excited about this win!! 🙂
3. Report On Betterment Progress – I’ve canceled my Betterment account. I’m clearly not an investor. I only lost a few dollars, but since the goal is to be making money, I’m going to opt to put my money where its doing the most for me.
4. Report On Capital One Card Cash Back – Still loving my cash back card! I wish I had thought to get a cash back card before. All of this cash back I was missing out on! I have everything charged to the card and I pay it off every paycheck, so I never pay interest.
5. Come Up With More Ideas – I’m almost done writing my first 10 day email course, and I have an e-book bundle and a teachable course in the works. I’m super excited about all of these.
6. Get More Pinterest Followers (257 Followers on Oct.1 – Would like 1000 by Nov. 1) – I’m taking a great course called Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing that has a fantastic section on improving your Pinterest following – Let’s see how it works. 🙂 – I didn’t hit 1000 🙁 but I did get to 842 followers, so I’m super close!!
7. Get the Laundry Site Finalized and Running – Still Finalizing! It’s taking forever, but I just keep telling myself that it will be worth it when its done.
8. Make more then $700 in side income this month (my record is just over $600, and I’m ready to get myself in the game) – I’d like to see over $1000/ month by the end of the year. – No go on this one either. I made just under $600. Two months left to go for the year. I’ll keep trying. I really want to hit the $1000/ month goal by then end of the year.
1. Report on Lending Club investment
2. Report on Alexa Ranking
3. Report on Savings Account Interest
4. Report On Capital One Card Cash Back
6. Get More Pinterest Followers (842 Followers on Nov.1 – Would like 1000 by Dec. 1) – I took a great course called Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing that has a fantastic section on improving your Pinterest following – So far I’ve seen a huge increase in followers. 🙂
7. Get the Laundry Site Finalized and Running – I’m going to keep saying this until I accomplish it.
8. Make more then $700 in side income this month (my record is just over $600, and I’m ready to get myself in the game) – I’d like to see over $1000/ month by the end of the year.
That’s it for this month!! Stay tuned for next month’s report and progress!