THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS
Hi Again! 🙂 If you’ve read my income reports before, then skip past my introduction and head right to the juicy bits. If your new, enjoy my back story. 🙂
Don’t get me wrong, I make good money at my day job. It might not be six figures, but it’s enough to keep the bill collectors at bay and a comfortable roof over our heads. What I’m lacking is freedom. Every time my daughter says “Mommy, I want you to walk me to school today” and I have to say “Honey, Mommy can’t walk you to school, Mommy has to work,” a small piece of my heart breaks. This is my search for freedom!
Why am I publishing my numbers and goals?
Well, the simple answer is…If I can do this, anyone can!! I come from a long line of people devoted to helping others. My mom worked at the school until she retired. She was always going above and beyond helping the kids she worked with, not only with their school work, but snacks and supplies for kids who couldn’t afford them. I even remember her paying for one girl’s prom dress. Before he retired, my dad was a Peace Officer. Where I’m from, that means he was always on call to come save you. Did you go hiking and fall or get lost. He’s on his way to find you. Was there a huge Forrest fire burning somewhere? Then he was probably there, leading a team of guys to put it out. Or maybe you decided to go ice skating a little too early in the season. When the ice broke, he’d be there to pull you out. By now your probably thinking, what does this have to do with sharing your numbers. Well, I share because it’s in my blood to help people. I hope that my numbers will help motivate you to get your freedom. I’m just an average person looking for a path to more, so if I can find ways to lose weight, save money, and make money working from home, then you can too! Hopefully my numbers inspire you to dream big. We have a saying at my house that we repeat often…”start small, but always dream big.” So now it’s up to you. It is absolutely true that it takes money to make money. That being said, it doesn’t always take very much money to get you started. Decide how much you can afford and invest in your future today! Why not start a blog?? What’s stopping you?? One year of hosting on Bluehost cost me $84. That’s a year to build my future for the cost of 2 takeout orders. So I cut my takeout and invested in me. My hips also thank me for the decision.
Now your thinking…get to the numbers already!!
Extra Income (Still no Ads - just repeat customers) Laundry Wash, Dry, and Fold Service $379.16 Capital One Cash Back $58.73 Betterment $-0.68 Lending Club $0.03 (7.84 unpaid interest) Total $437.24 (before expenses)
1. Report on Lending Club investment – My Lending Club Investment took a long time to fund, but once I got my money to them, everything seemed super easy. I funded a bunch of loans since spreading my money out seems to be the best plan for maximum reward and lowest risk. We’ll see how it goes. By next month I should be receiving payments. I can’t wait to see. Stay tuned!
2. Continue Laundry Business Expansion Plan – Perfect websites take a long time to develop. Setting a Go Live Date of November 1 with a backup date of December 1. I would love to have this up and running by the start of the year.
3. Report On Betterment Progress – I don’t know much about investing, as you can probably tell by my lose in the stock market. I’m also too scared to put more then $25 a week into my account, so this will take some time. So far we’ll call it breaking even and still getting the investment experience.
4. Report On Capital One Card Cash Back – I love my Capital Once Cash Back Card! I only wish I had found it sooner. I pay of my balance every month, so they never charge me interest and I love getting my money back!!
5. Come Up With More Ideas – Some new ideas I have for advancing my side business ventures start with getting more Pinterest followers. I would also like to finish a few more free ebooks and maybe work on offering an ecourse. Check out my health and fitness ebooks.
1. Report on Lending Club investment
2. Start Tracking Website Alexa Ranking (Hopefully I rank when I check) 🙂
3. Report On Betterment Progress
4. Report On Capital One Card Cash Back
5. Come Up With More Ideas
6. Get More Pinterest Followers (257 Followers on Oct.1 – Would like 1000 by Nov. 1) – I’m taking a great course called Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing that has a fantastic section on improving your Pinterest following – Let’s see how it works. 🙂
7. Get the Laundry Site Finalized and Running
8. Make more then $700 in side income this month (my record is just over $600, and I’m ready to get myself in the game) – I’d like to see over $1000/ month by the end of the year.
That’s it for this month!! Stay tuned for next month’s report and progress!