THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS
Hi Again! 🙂 If you’ve read my income reports before, then skip past my introduction and head right to the juicy bits. If your new, enjoy my back story. 🙂
Don’t get me wrong, I make good money at my day job. It might not be six figures, but it’s enough to keep the bill collectors at bay and a comfortable roof over our heads. What I’m lacking is freedom. Every time my daughter says “Mommy, I want you to walk me to school today” and I have to say “Honey, Mommy can’t walk you to school, Mommy has to work,” a small piece of my heart breaks. This is my search for freedom!
Why am I publishing my numbers and goals?
Well, the simple answer is…If I can do this, anyone can!! I come from a long line of people devoted to helping others. My mom worked at the school until she retired. She was always going above and beyond helping the kids she worked with, not only with their school work, but snacks and supplies for kids who couldn’t afford them. I even remember her paying for one girl’s prom dress. Before he retired, my dad was a Peace Officer. Where I’m from, that means he was always on call to come save you. Did you go hiking and fall or get lost. He’s on his way to find you. Was there a huge Forrest fire burning somewhere? Then he was probably there, leading a team of guys to put it out. Or maybe you decided to go ice skating a little too early in the season. When the ice broke, he’d be there to pull you out. By now your probably thinking, what does this have to do with sharing your numbers. Well, I share because it’s in my blood to help people. I hope that my numbers will help motivate you to get your freedom. I’m just an average person looking for a path to more, so if I can find ways to lose weight, save money, and make money working from home, then you can too! Hopefully my numbers inspire you to dream big. We have a saying at my house that we repeat often…”start small, but always dream big.” So now it’s up to you. It is absolutely true that it takes money to make money. That being said, it doesn’t always take very much money to get you started. Decide how much you can afford and invest in your future today! Why not start a blog?? What’s stopping you?? One year of hosting on Bluehost cost me $84. That’s a year to build my future for the cost of 2 takeout orders. So I cut my takeout and invested in me. My hips also thank me for the decision.
Now your thinking…get to the numbers already!!
Extra Income (Still no Ads - just repeat customers) Laundry Wash, Dry, and Fold Service $450.59 Ebates 14.10 Total $464.69 (before expenses)
May Goal Report – How’d I do?
1. Start Rental House Shopping – Started my shopping, but the current house market is crazy. Before we can even get a viewing on most houses they are already sold. Definitely a seller’s market, but I’m not giving up!
2. Reduce takeout to one time per week – this will save money and my waistline –Well, I’m just full of excuses on this one!! A small reduction. I’ve limited it to only the weekend nights. Okay, I’m including Friday in this too, but progress is progress no matter how small.
3. Lose 5lbs –Someday maybe, but not today. 🙂
4. Find a better way to expand my Laundry Business – Found a website developer to start working on my dream. I can build simple websites, but this one is a little more complex, so I hired an expert. Business revenue will continue to be low while the website is revised. More to come!!
5. Post at least one blog article per week – gonna have to schedule some time for myself – As you can see from my posts, I am getting the ball rolling on this. Hope you are enjoying the extra content! 🙂
6. Keep researching online possibilities for making money from home – Always on the lookout!! Check out some of this month’s posts to see what I found!!
1. Continue Rental House Shopping
2. Continue Laundry Business Expansion Plan
3. Final Training month before Muderella in July!! Better make it count!
4. Keep researching online possibilities for making money from home. Always!
5. Find a cash back credit card
6. Remember to use Ebates! I could be getting so much more money back if I just remembered to use my computer to order instead of my phone. If anyone knows a great way to make Ebates work with your phone apps (Groupon, Amazon, Walmart), I’d love to hear about it!
7. Learn about writing an Ebook.
That’s it for this month!! Stay tuned for next month’s report and progress!