THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS
Hi Again! 🙂 If you’ve read my income reports before, then skip past my introduction and head right to the juicy bits. If your new, enjoy my back story. 🙂
Don’t get me wrong, I make good money at my day job. It might not be six figures, but it’s enough to keep the bill collectors at bay and a comfortable roof over our heads. What I’m lacking is freedom. Every time my daughter says “Mommy, I want you to walk me to school today” and I have to say “Honey, Mommy can’t walk you to school, Mommy has to work,” a small piece of my heart breaks. This is my search for freedom!
Why am I publishing my numbers and goals?
Well, the simple answer is…If I can do this, anyone can!! I come from a long line of people devoted to helping others. My mom worked at the school until she retired. She was always going above and beyond helping the kids she worked with, not only with their school work, but snacks and supplies for kids who couldn’t afford them. I even remember her paying for one girl’s prom dress. Before he retired, my dad was a Peace Officer. Where I’m from, that means he was always on call to come save you. Did you go hiking and fall or get lost? He’s on his way to find you. Was there a huge Forrest fire burning somewhere? Then he was probably there, leading a team of guys to put it out. Or maybe you decided to go ice skating a little too early in the season. When the ice broke, he’d be there to pull you out. By now your probably thinking, what does this have to do with sharing your numbers. Well, I share because it’s in my blood to help people. I hope that my numbers will help motivate you to get your freedom. I’m just an average person looking for a path to more, so if I can find ways to lose weight, save money, and make money working from home, then you can too! Hopefully my numbers inspire you to dream big. We have a saying at my house that we repeat often…”start small, but always dream big.” So now it’s up to you. It is absolutely true that it takes money to make money. That being said, it doesn’t always take very much money to get you started. Decide how much you can afford and invest in your future today! Why not start a blog?? What’s stopping you?? One year of hosting on Bluehost cost me $84. That’s a year to build my future for the cost of 2 takeout orders. So I cut my takeout and invested in me. My hips also thank me for the decision.
Now your thinking…get to the numbers already!!
Extra Income (I turned off all advertising for the Laundry Business - I was getting more orders then I could do myself) Laundry Wash, Dry, and Fold Service $303.55 Total $303.55 (before expenses)
March Goal Report – How’d I do?
1. Start Muderella training – I started using the Couch Potato to 5K app. So far so good!!
2. Find a laundromat to outsource my washing & folding – I contacted a local laundromat that does Wash, Dry, and Fold services. They are willing to wash my overflow at a discounted price. I won’t make much profit on my overflow, but at least I won’t have to turn any customers away.
3. Update the laundry website to allow better scheduling and payment options – I started using Acuity for scheduling. It allowed me to update my website for automatic scheduling and allows me to charge by the bag or by the pound because I can now collect credit card information at the time of the order, but not bill until the order is complete.
4. Reduce takeout to one time per week – this will save money and my waistline – Semi successful – takeout reduced, but I do love my takeout!! 🙂 This will take some time!
5. Lose 5lbs – Nope! Takeout = no weight loss. Yup! I see the connection, but it’s just so yummy! 🙂
6. Make an extra $500 this month – Not $500, but not too shabby for a science major dabbling in business.
7. Keep saving to buy rental property – I am determined!! I put away my extra income and used coupons and automatic savings deposits to put away a good chunk this month. Saving will continue!! 🙂
1. Continue Muderella training
2. Reduce takeout to one time per week – this will save money and my waistline
3. Lose 5lbs
4. Make an extra $500 this month
5. Keep saving to buy rental property
6. Find a better way to expand my Laundry Business
7. Keep researching online business opportunities. There is so much out there that I don’t know. If other people are having such huge success online, there must be a way to make a decent living on a flexible schedule that lets me walk my baby to school every morning.
That’s it for this month!! Stay tuned for next month’s report and progress!