THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS
Hi Again! 🙂 If you’ve read my income reports before, then skip past my introduction and head right to the juicy bits. If your new, enjoy my back story. 🙂
Don’t get me wrong, I make good money at my day job. It might not be six figures, but it’s enough to keep the bill collectors at bay and a comfortable roof over our heads. What I’m lacking is freedom. Every time my daughter says “Mommy, I want you to walk me to school today” and I have to say “Honey, Mommy can’t walk you to school, Mommy has to work,” a small piece of my heart breaks. This is my search for freedom!
Why am I publishing my numbers and goals?
Well, the simple answer is…If I can do this, anyone can!! I come from a long line of people devoted to helping others. My mom worked at the school until she retired. She was always going above and beyond helping the kids she worked with, not only with their school work, but snacks and supplies for kids who couldn’t afford them. I even remember her paying for one girl’s prom dress. Before he retired, my dad was a Peace Officer. Where I’m from, that means he was always on call to come save you. Did you go hiking and fall or get lost. He’s on his way to find you. Was there a huge Forrest fire burning somewhere? Then he was probably there, leading a team of guys to put it out. Or maybe you decided to go ice skating a little too early in the season. When the ice broke, he’d be there to pull you out. By now your probably thinking, what does this have to do with sharing your numbers. Well, I share because it’s in my blood to help people. I hope that my numbers will help motivate you to get your freedom. I’m just an average person looking for a path to more, so if I can find ways to lose weight, save money, and make money working from home, then you can too! Hopefully my numbers inspire you to dream big. We have a saying at my house that we repeat often…”start small, but always dream big.” So now it’s up to you. It is absolutely true that it takes money to make money. That being said, it doesn’t always take very much money to get you started. Decide how much you can afford and invest in your future today! Why not start a blog?? What’s stopping you?? One year of hosting on Bluehost cost me $84. That’s a year to build my future for the cost of 2 takeout orders. So I cut my takeout and invested in me. My hips also thank me for the decision.
Now your thinking…get to the numbers already!!
Extra Income (Still no Ads - just repeat customers) Laundry Wash, Dry, and Fold Service $556.18 Total $556.18 (before expenses)
1. Continue Rental House Shopping – Found a house and put an offer in. Fingers crossed!
2. Continue Laundry Business Expansion Plan – Website revisions happening. I can’t wait for go live!! Tentative Go Live set for October 🙂
3. Final Training month before Muderella in July!! Better make it count! – Sticking with the Couch to 5K app. Here’s hoping it’s enough!
4. Keep researching online possibilities for making money from home. Always! – Getting up my nerve to try some smaller investments in the Stock Market. Found an app called Betterment that gets some good reviews. I’ll do a little more digging and let you know.
5. Find a cash back credit card – As it turns out, my Capital One card has an upgrade to cash back. No fees of course.
6. Remember to use Ebates! I could be getting so much more money back if I just remembered to use my computer to order instead of my phone. If anyone knows a great way to make Ebates work with your phone apps (Groupon, Amazon, Walmart), I’d love to hear about it! – Wow, I’m horrible at this!! You would think that money would be enough of a reminder, but clearly I need a sticky note on my forehead. This one is staying on the goals for another month! I hate losing money!
7. Learn about writing an Ebook. Research, research, research! That’s what I’m best at. Now to get my creative juices flowing. Once I get the first book written, I’ll share it with you first of course. 🙂
2. Continue Rental House Shopping
3. Continue Laundry Business Expansion Plan
4. Find out more about Betterment
5. Upgrade my Capital One card.
6. Remember to use Ebates! I could be getting so much more money back if I just remembered to use my computer to order instead of my phone. If anyone knows a great way to make Ebates work with your phone apps (Groupon, Amazon, Walmart), I’d love to hear about it!
7. Write an Ebook.
That’s it for this month!! Stay tuned for next month’s report and progress!