THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS
Again! 🙂 If you’ve read my income reports before, then skip past my introduction and head right to the juicy bits. If your new, enjoy my back story. 🙂
Don’t get me wrong, I make good money at my day job. It might not be six figures, but it’s enough to keep the bill collectors at bay and a comfortable roof over our heads. What I’m lacking is freedom. Every time my daughter says “Mommy, I want you to walk me to school today” and I have to say “Honey, Mommy can’t walk you to school, Mommy has to work,” a small piece of my heart breaks. This is my search for freedom!
Why am I publishing my numbers and goals?
Well, the simple answer is…If I can do this, anyone can!! I come from a long line of people devoted to helping others. My mom worked at the school until she retired. She was always going above and beyond helping the kids she worked with, not only with their school work, but snacks and supplies for kids who couldn’t afford them. I even remember her paying for one girl’s prom dress. Before he retired, my dad was a Peace Officer. Where I’m from, that means he was always on call to come save you. Did you go hiking and fall or get lost. He’s on his way to find you. Was there a huge Forrest fire burning somewhere? Then he was probably there, leading a team of guys to put it out. Or maybe you decided to go ice skating a little too early in the season. When the ice broke, he’d be there to pull you out. By now your probably thinking, what does this have to do with sharing your numbers. Well, I share because it’s in my blood to help people. I hope that my numbers will help motivate you to get your freedom. I’m just an average person looking for a path to more, so if I can find ways to lose weight, save money, and make money working from home, then you can too! Hopefully my numbers inspire you to dream big. We have a saying at my house that we repeat often…”start small, but always dream big.” So now it’s up to you. It is absolutely true that it takes money to make money. That being said, it doesn’t always take very much money to get you started. Decide how much you can afford and invest in your future today! Why not start a blog?? What’s stopping you?? One year of hosting on Bluehost cost me $84. That’s a year to build my future for the cost of 2 takeout orders. So I cut my takeout and invested in me. My hips also thank me for the decision.
Now your thinking…get to the numbers already!!
Extra Income (Still no Ads - just repeat customers) Laundry Wash, Dry, and Fold Service $330.24 Total $330.24 (before expenses)
1. MUDERELLA!!! – We Did it!! Check us out!! Exhausted but accomplished. 🙂
2. Continue Rental House Shopping – No house for me right now. Since my divorce 4 years ago, my ex-husband still lives in the house we had purchased together. He has not paid on the loan since I moved out. I filed bankruptcy over 2 years ago, but since they have not yet foreclosed on the house, my name is still on the loan leaving an unexpected hiccup in the home buying process. So, there will be a little pause in my rental property shopping until this is finalized. 🙁
3. Continue Laundry Business Expansion Plan – The website is coming along great! I’m so happy with my website designer. She is really doing a fantastic job of turning my vision into a reality. I can’t wait until it’s done!! I’m so excited to take the next step in this business.
4. Find out more about Betterment – I’ve read and read about it and I’m in. Just for a small investment. $25 a week seems like enough to see if it’s worth it without losing my shirt in the market. I’ve always wanted to dabble in the stock market, so here’s my chance. I’ve never been able to pass up an opportunity.
5. Upgrade my Capital One card. – Capital One card upgraded and all recurring bills changed over to it. The plan: buy as much as I can with the card and pay it off immediately. If Capital One has no reason to charge me late fees, then all of the money they give me is additional income!! I love saving money!
6. Remember to use Ebates! – I figured it out thanks to your help!! I’ve taken the Groupon and Walmart apps off of my phone. This reminds me to open them through the Ebates app! Once you open Groupon or Walmart through the Ebates app, it looks exactly the same as the regular app!! More money back…here I come!
7. Write an Ebook. – The first Ebook is complete!! Let me know what you think!! Sign up for my newsletter and get a free copy emailed to you instantly!!
1. Learn about Lending Club
2. Continue Laundry Business Expansion Plan
3. Report On Betterment Progress
4. Report On Capital One Card Cash Back
5. Find the Best and Most Inexpensive Braces
6. Research Product Branding
That’s it for this month!! Stay tuned for next month’s report and progress!