This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
If you want to be connected with people you already know, then Facebook is the right place to be, but if you want to attract and be connected with people you do not know, then Google Plus is the best place to showcase your work.
When it comes to attracting traffic and potential clients/readers, Google Plus is your best friend, you can share your blog post and links on the platform and increase visibility of your blog post to Google Plus followers and communities. Rumor also has it that Google checks it’s Google Plus listings when returning search results for people. Don’t miss out on an opportunity like that. Curious if it works? Google “5 Ways to Make Money Blogging”. Check out my post ranking in the search result.
Now that your convinced, let’s get your Google Plus account setup so that you can begin sharing your posts too! 🙂
Go to Google Plus and click on “Join Google+”
Create your profile.
Type in your name, your gender and your birthday.
Click “CREATE PROFILE”
Upload your Picture
You can use any image you like here, its your choice. I use the same image as I use on my website so that it’s easy for readers to find me.
Click inside the blue circle to upload or take a picture
Click “Save” to continue or you can skip this part and do it later
Your new Google+ page should look like the image below
This page is your “Home Stream”. It has 3 main areas.
- Navigation Buttons Area: this is located at the far left hand corner of the screen. You can access and edit your profile, connect with people, check for notifications, connect with hundreds of communities, access the settings panel and so on.
- Posts Of People Your Following: this is located on the bottom center of the page and shows you post of people you are following as well as Google suggested posts based on your preferences.
- Share A Post: this is located on the top center of the page. This is where you write your posts and publish it. If you click that, it will bring out something like this:
You have 3 main areas on the Share A Post screen:
- at the top, you can choose who sees the post you are about to publish,
- You can write your post by clicking inside the center of the page
- There are a series of options at the bottom left hand corner of the small screen, you can attach an image, attach documents, Create a poll and attach your location.
When you are done, click “POST”
HOW TO LINK AND SHARE YOUR POSTS ON GOOGLE PLUS
For WordPress bloggers
You have 2 options:
- You can share it automatically
- You can share your posts manually
To share automatically:
Go to your WordPress dashboard (If you are a WordPress user) and click on Settings >> Sharing
Click on Google+
Click on Allow
That is it, all your posts will be automatically shared on Google+
To share manually:
Copy your post url and paste it in the post box, It will automatically bring forth your blog’s thumbnail (It is important to use an eye-catching image that best describes your blog post as your thumbnail).
Choose who you want to share your post with and click on “POST”
That is it, you can use the steps above to create a Google+ account and share your blog post.
For Those Using Blogger, follow the steps below
- Log in to your blogger.com
- Select the particular blog you want share
- In the left menu, click Settings > Posts > comments and sharing.
- Under “Share to Google+,” click the Down arrow next to “choose your Google+ page or profile.”
- In the top right, click Save settings.
It’s fast and easy.