THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS
Hi Again! 🙂 If you’ve read my income reports before, then skip past my introduction and head right to the juicy bits. If your new, enjoy my back story. 🙂
Don’t get me wrong, I make good money at my day job. It might not be six figures, but it’s enough to keep the bill collectors at bay and a comfortable roof over our heads. What I’m lacking is freedom. Every time my daughter says “Mommy, I want you to walk me to school today” and I have to say “Honey, Mommy can’t walk you to school, Mommy has to work,” a small piece of my heart breaks. This is my search for freedom!
Why am I publishing my numbers and goals?
Well, the simple answer is…If I can do this, anyone can!! I come from a long line of people devoted to helping others. My mom worked at the school until she retired. She was always going above and beyond helping the kids she worked with, not only with their school work, but snacks and supplies for kids who couldn’t afford them. I even remember her paying for one girl’s prom dress. Before he retired, my dad was a Peace Officer. Where I’m from, that means he was always on call to come save you. Did you go hiking and fall or get lost. He’s on his way to find you. Was there a huge Forrest fire burning somewhere? Then he was probably there, leading a team of guys to put it out. Or maybe you decided to go ice skating a little too early in the season. When the ice broke, he’d be there to pull you out. By now your probably thinking, what does this have to do with sharing your numbers. Well, I share because it’s in my blood to help people. I hope that my numbers will help motivate you to get your freedom. I’m just an average person looking for a path to more, so if I can find ways to lose weight, save money, and make money working from home, then you can too! Hopefully my numbers inspire you to dream big. We have a saying at my house that we repeat often…”start small, but always dream big.” So now it’s up to you. It is absolutely true that it takes money to make money. That being said, it doesn’t always take very much money to get you started. Decide how much you can afford and invest in your future today! Why not start a blog?? What’s stopping you?? One year of hosting on Bluehost cost me $84. That’s a year to build my future for the cost of 2 takeout orders. So I cut my takeout and invested in me. My hips also thank me for the decision.
Now your thinking…get to the numbers already!!
Extra Income (Still no Ads - just repeat customers) Laundry Wash, Dry, and Fold Service $96.17 Capital One Cash Back $73.53 Capital Once 360 Interest $19.33 Lending Club $16.28 Affiliate Income (Received) $57.00 Total $262.31 (before expenses)
2. Find and join at least 5 Pin Parties – Didn’t even try! I’ve been so busy trying to get a few blog posts scheduled ahead – but I’m super excited to say that I was very very successful with that.
3. Find and join at least 5 new Pinterest Group Boards – Joined!! Writing blog posts is no fun if I don’t have anyone to share them with.
4. Get the Laundry Site Finalized and Running – I’m going to keep saying this until it’s live 🙂 – One edit left and the beta site will be live for merchants to join. One month from merchant go live, we’ll start advertising to customers again.
5. Make more than $700 in side income this month (my record is just over $600, and I’m ready to get myself in the game) – No such luck! Guess I spent too much time enjoying the holidays. 🙂 Let the new year begin! Goal for this year. 9 to 5 retirement by the end of the year!
6. Enjoy the Holidays 🙂 – Aside from the standard family drama, it was a great holiday season! I took some time to relax and set goals for the year. I even started practicing yoga, and was surprised to find that I love it!
1. Get the Laundry Site Finalized and Running – I’m going to keep saying this until it’s live 🙂
2. Retire From My Day Job and Work From Home Full Time
That’s it for this month!! Stay tuned for next month’s report and progress!