THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS
Hi Again! 🙂 If you’ve read my income reports before, then skip past my introduction and head right to the juicy bits. If your new, enjoy my back story. 🙂
Don’t get me wrong, I make good money at my day job. It might not be six figures, but it’s enough to keep the bill collectors at bay and a comfortable roof over our heads. What I’m lacking is freedom. Every time my daughter says “Mommy, I want you to walk me to school today” and I have to say “Honey, Mommy can’t walk you to school, Mommy has to work,” a small piece of my heart breaks. This is my search for freedom!
Why am I publishing my numbers and goals?
Well, the simple answer is…If I can do this, anyone can!! I come from a long line of people devoted to helping others. My mom worked at the school until she retired. She was always going above and beyond helping the kids she worked with, not only with their school work, but snacks and supplies for kids who couldn’t afford them. I even remember her paying for one girl’s prom dress. Before he retired, my dad was a Peace Officer. Where I’m from, that means he was always on call to come save you. Did you go hiking and fall or get lost? He’ll be on his way to find you. Was there a huge Forrest fire burning somewhere? Then he was probably there, leading a team of guys to put it out. Or maybe you decided to go ice skating a little too early in the season. When the ice broke, he’d be there to pull you out. By now your probably thinking, what does this have to do with sharing your numbers. Well, I share because it’s in my blood to help people. I hope that my numbers will help motivate you to get your freedom. I’m just an average person looking for a path to more, so if I can find ways to lose weight, save money, and make money working from home, then you can too! Hopefully my numbers inspire you to dream big. We have a saying at my house that we repeat often…”start small, but always dream big.” So now it’s up to you. It is absolutely true that it takes money to make money. That being said, it doesn’t always take very much money to get you started. Decide how much you can afford and invest in your future today! Why not start a blog?? What’s stopping you?? One year of hosting on Bluehost cost me $84. That’s a year to build my future for the cost of 2 takeout orders. So I cut my takeout and invested in me. My hips also thank me for the decision.
Now your thinking…get to the numbers already!!
Extra Income (No Ads! Just repeat customers!) Laundry Wash, Dry, and Fold Service $650.73 Total $650.73 (before expenses)
April Goal Report – How’d I do?
1. Continue Muderella training – Still using my Couch Potato to 5K app. Not as often as I should, but anything is better then nothing right! 🙂
2. Reduce takeout to one time per week – this will save money and my waistline – Still trying 🙁
3. Lose 5lbs – Nope. Enough Said 🙁
4. Make an extra $500 this month – I did it!!! The laundry business is picking up and I have zero time for anything else. Gonna have to cool off on the orders for a while. I need time to work on an expansion plan.
5. Keep saving to buy rental property- Yes and yea!! Managed to save a good chunk this month AND got approval to start looking for my house. Currently working with NACA as I have some past divorce and bankruptcy issues that make me a risky buyer.
6. Find a better way to expand my Laundry Business – still looking. I have researched outsourcing the washing, and as you might remember actually have a setup with a local laundromat to take some of my overflow, but the profit is little to none when I do this. What good is a business with no profit. Soooo back to the drawing board on this one. A little out of the box idea brewing in my head. Stay tuned.
7. Keep researching online business opportunities. There is so much out there that I don’t know. If other people are having such huge success online, there must be a way to make a decent living on a flexible schedule that lets me walk my baby to school every morning. – I love writing this blog, but I will need to spend lots more time on it. I have so much to say and so little time to write. What I learned from my research….schedule time to write!! I see a new goal forming here! 🙂
1. Start Rental House Shopping
2. Reduce takeout to one time per week – this will save money and my waistline
3. Lose 5lbs
4. Find a better way to expand my Laundry Business
5. Post at least one blog article per week – gonna have to schedule some time for myself
6. Keep researching online possibilities for making money from home
That’s it for this month!! Stay tuned for next month’s report and progress!
About Michelle Schwab
Michelle is the founder of What Matters To Mommy, a blog about things that affect moms including saving time and money. She discusses her journey from the 9-5 world to working from home in her monthly Cash Flow Summary.