This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Anyone who owns a blog or a website and has searched for ways to get traffic and rank in search engine must have heard of SEO or search engine optimization. SEO is considered to be an effective undertaking to take over the internet. The idea behind SEO is to build trust and authority in the eyes of search engines to gain ranking for certain niche in the search results. Even if it is common, the concept is not that simple. There are points that have to be learned, most especially by newbies. Here are top 10 tips for new bloggers who have no idea what SEO is!
Bloggers who want to wallow on the benefits of SEO should not forget these:
1. SEO is known as marketing involving the understanding of search algorithms and the way they are combined with human users’ knowledge. There are a lot of things that go into SEO. While some of them are Automatic and not under your direct control, there are certain things that you can control like frequency and quality of back links.
2. SEO is responsible in increasing traffic which is generally generated through search results. Now, one thing that is important here is to understand that no matter how many keywords you rank for in a search engine, if nobody is searching for them, you will never have expected traffic.
3. The quality of the traffic that a website receives also depends on the keywords being targeted. These keywords can differ from one country to another and one niche to another. A keyword that gets you high quality traffic in Australia might not get you the similar quality of traffic in United States. Therefore, keyword research or finding the right keyword is an important aspect of SEO.
4. You will be surprised to know that about 75% of traffic that the websites around the world receive, comes from search engines. There are more than 100 search engines which are actively used by the world and as expected Google, Bing and Yahoo lead the charts.
5. The lead generation and closing rate on the search engine traffic right now is somewhere around 15%. This is more than any other traffic source you will ever find.
6. Search engines are the websites where the internet begins. If a user needs some information or is simply looking for something in general, search engine, say Google is the website where they will begin exploring. To get your content in front of an interested user, you need to be in the search results and how do you get into search results? SEO!
7. Just like any other usual search, people who are researching information and writing academic papers do not use anything other than search engines to get the trusted sources. With good SEO practices in place, your website is bound to gain trust and authority in the search engine and show up whenever a user searches for anything related to your website. In fact, the term authority got linked with search engines recently. Earlier, the search engines were not smart enough to realize the original content but with advancement in the technology and coding practices, search engines have reached a level of smartness that can make out difference between good content and excellent content.
8. In case you own a web development agency, SEO holds much more importance for you than anything else. SEO is one of the few FREE methods of getting traffic and if you know ins and outs of SEO, sending unlimited traffic to client websites will never be a problematic and costly affair.
9. Potential customers are catered because SEO becomes a brand leader on social media. This is a way to involve other people about what a company is talking about. This is also a platform where providers get to monitor the response of the masses with their services. Gone are the days when Social Media had nothing to do with SEO. With new developments in place, search engines understand the importance of social media and measure it to rank the web content.
10. Website rankings reflect the trust a search engine has in your website. If you think practically, a search engine is nothing but a business. Therefore, search engines wish to keep their visitors to them and show the most useful websites on top. Therefore, if you are not ranking on the first page in spite of having great content, you must start building authority and writing even more useful content.
The truth is that the world of websites is highly competitive and website owners need to put a lot into being popular and getting traffic. This is also one of the reasons why website owners should make sure that they incorporate SEO within their whole website promotion architecture. This is going to work well with properly designed websites which would always lead to high rankings in search engines. This is also a chance to be interlinked with other popular sites of your niche and make a name for yourself. This is also relevant in website ranking. This is a way for visitors to be led to various pages on a website. What makes this even more promising is that it is mobile friendly. It would make a website responsive to phones which is also going to contribute significantly.
Have any SEO tips you wish you had known when you were first starting?