THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS
You’re ready to quit your day job and become a full-time blogger! You’ve set up your blog, you have a few posts and some followers, but you need to make money to quit your day job. The Answer: Affiliate Marketing Of Course!!
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is to blogging as commercials are to TV. What the heck does that mean? Well, affiliate marketers promote products that they use in return for a payment for every transaction sent to the affiliate site in the same way that TV stations can charge for commercials based on how many people will be viewing during the commercial time slot. That’s why Super Bowl spots are super expensive, and 1 am is relatively reasonable. So your goal is to become the Super Bowl of blogs! Obviously it’s a bit more complicated then that, but if you’ve made it to this post, you’ve probably passed the basics and are ready to dive in.
Affiliate Programs You Should Join (these companies accept blogs just starting out):
- ShareASale -I recommend this affiliate network first to all new bloggers. It’s super user-friendly and accepts almost anyone into the program. ShareASale includes companies like: Zazzle, Sears, Weebly, Wayfair, and Custom Ink
- Flex Offers – This company offers some great big name companies. A few of them are: Pampers, Gold Medal Wine Club, Bloomingdale’s, Groupon, and TJ Maxx
- BlueHost – One of the top host companies for bloggers. I use this company to host my blog, and my web designer uses it to host all of her sites.
- Tailwind – If you use Pinterest as a promotion tool, having an auto-scheduler is the next step. Use it, and become an affiliate. 🙂
- Ebates – I love Ebates, so of course I’m an affiliate, and once you try it, you’ll want to be an affiliate too. Spend money at your favorite online retailers , and then they give you some of your money back.
- Awesome Money Course – If you’ve ever had money problems. Been in debt, and worked your way out or are in the process, this is a great course for you. And, like I said, if you like it, become an affiliate.
- Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing – must purchase to become an affiliate, but 3 sales pay for your purchase. I own it and I love it.
- Just a Girl and Her Blog – E-book – Building A Framework (Send Owl) – must purchase to become an affiliate, but a few sales pay for your purchase
- My affiliate programs – I have to include these. I give 50% commission on a ton of great products including a hugely discounted bundle
- What Are Your Using? Almost every product I use has an affiliate program, and if you are a repeat user, you must love the product for some reason or another. Google “Product Name Affiliate” and I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. Write a post sharing why you are a repeat user and include your affiliate links. If you love it, other people might love it too! – My Examples – Restored 316, Fiverr, Diet Direct, Teachable, Peapod
Programs To Stay Away From Until Your Bigger:
These companies are fantastic affiliate companies. They are well-known and give great commissions. The problem when your new is your traffic. While these companies might approve you as an affiliate with a new blog, if you don’t get a sale during the first few months, they will both cancel your account. You can reapply later, but why not save yourself the headache and just wait until your big enough to guarantee a sale.
- Commission Junction
Know some other affiliates to join or avoid as a new blogger? Comment and share!! 🙂